Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Saul Bell Design Award Competition and flowerology ;)

 I wanted to wait with this till the photos of finalist pieces are published, but the names were announced a while ago and the photos still aren't there... And my wonderful news is definitely not fresh anymore ;)... So...

I'm SO proud and happy to announce that my "Flower Storm" bangle is one of the five finalists in Saul Bell Design Award Competition (metal clay category). This is a huge thing for me :). I'm also very thrilled and honoured to be a finalist among wonderfully talented people I like, admire and respect - Wanaree TannerLiz Hall (both from Etsy Metal Clay Team! :) ), Cindy Silas and Christi Anderson. Seriously girls, I feel like an ugly duckling :). Whatever the final result is - I'm already happy!

This piece is a part of my latest "Twigs" collection. I came up with it when I was working for the first time with Goldie Bronze. It also features flowery ornamentation - very dear to me. I love and make a lot of different types of ornaments, but flowers were the first :). I know it's quite typical, but I can't help it - I think that majority of jewellery makers have a little romance with flowers at some point. Let me show you a short (well, not so short ;D ) photo story of my flowery romance ;). It begins with this very first flowery medallion I've ever made :).









6 comments:

  1. Congratulations & that bangle is gorgeous!

    I am in awe of your beautiful, intricate, elegant jewellery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I'm rooting for you. Absolutely no offence to any of the other fine artists, I just really love this piece, and your twiggy work in general:) And...having worked with bronze I am sooo aware of how difficult it is to get those tiny balls working. You clearly have magic fingers:). Best of luck. My fingers are crossed for you. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - thank you so much for your kind words! It really means a lot to me :). By the way - it is wonderful to know you can apply gold on Goldie! I have to try this soon.

      Delete
  3. Love your work, just bought my first Goldie Bronze yesterday…can't wait to try it out. Any tips??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you already used Goldie a lot of time since March (sorry, I found your comment right now), but if you need any tips, check my post about Goldie: http://drakonaria.blogspot.com/2012/08/test-of-goldie-bronze.html

      Delete